The below series of four short videos are intended for first-time and new users. They set out an approach for rapidly building flowchart by scanning a web UI. You will then overlay test data, generate optimised test cases and push the tests for automated execution.
We advise that new users begin with this quick-start guide. The 101 video training courses in turn build on the videos, providing a more detailed overview of Test Modeller's capabilities:
Test Modeller 101 provides an overview of manual model creation, static and dynamic test definition, test case generation, test coverage, and subflows.
Curiosity additionally provide written documentation that can be used alongside the video training courses. The Knowledge Base articles provide step-by-step instructions on how to use Test Modeller.
Content and Session goals
The Page Object Scanner
1. Install the Test Modeller browser extension;
2. Scan a web UI to build automation page objects automatically;
3. Understand page object architecture and the role of the object repository in Test Modeller.
The Fast Model Builder
1. Understand the role and value of building models during QA;
2. Create your first model in Test Modeller, using The Fast Modeller;
3. Drag-and-drop the page objects you created in lesson one to create test models rapidly;
4. Overlay the test data and automated logic needed to test each element rigorously.
Creating Coverage-Optimised Tests
1. Understand test coverage and its value for creating test cases;
2. Generate the smallest set of test cases needed to "cover" the model that you created in Lesson 2;
3. Export your test cases as automated tests.
Automated Test Execution
1. Integrate Test Modeller with a JAVA based test automation framework;
2. Run the automated tests that you created as part of Lesson 3 using the JAVA framework and InteliJ;
TEST MODELLER GET STARTED VIDEO TUTORIALS